#1 Watch or Listen To "Descending To Greatness (Part 4): But How?"
Consider this Sunday morning’s lesson. You can listen here: http://bit.ly/1gCDfNL
Or watch here [video will be posted by Monday each week]: www.vimeo.com/rrcoc
What stuck out to you as interesting?
Did you encounter any challenging or re-orienting truth?
#2 Work The List
On Sunday we got super practical with a list of "things to do if you want to get humble." In case you missed one in your rush to write them down, here's the complete list. As a group, work your way through these suggestions answering the following questions about each one:
- Why is this practice so important/how is it tied to humility?
- When have I done this (or NOT done this) in the past? What was the effect?
Be sure to commit as a group to practice these behaviors and hold one another accountable. You might want to pray the list, asking God to help you do these things and be shaped by them.
- Devote time to worship.
- Praise Someone.
- Write a Thank You Note.
- Use What You Have For Someone Else.
- Pay attention to someone else's life.
- Obey God.
- Ask for help.
- Recognize an essential contribution.
- Go last.
- Do something you probably won't do well.
#3 Made Small
As devoting time to worship is a primary way to develop humility, consider worshipping as a group. Here are a few songs to sing, passages to read, and prayers to pray:
- Psalm 104: 1-5, 19-33
- John 1:1-18
- Psalm 19:1-14
- Go around the group and have every person fill in the blank "God you are so ______"
- Pray Psalm 23 together, addressing God directly. "Lord, You are my shepherd. I lack nothing..."