#1 Watch or Listen To "We Work"
Consider this Sunday morning’s lesson. You can listen here: http://bit.ly/1gCDfNL
Or watch here [video will be posted by Monday each week]: www.vimeo.com/rrcoc
What stuck out to you as interesting?
Did you encounter any challenging or re-orienting truth?
#2 You Have To See This
This week we're encouraging every small group to watch this video together (http://vimeo.com/youandmeforever/httpvimeocom3marriages).
Watch and then answer these questions:
- How did this video make you feel?
- Have you ever known a couple like this (if conversation will come more naturally, exclude present company)? Share.
- Is this idea of marriage as a partnership in living out the mission of Christ something you've thought about before or is it new information? Did you begin your marriage (if you're married) with this in mind?
- What questions do you have about what it would look like to put this into practice?
Now consider the video and sermon in tandem. Is this principle true? Are we bound to one another in service to God?
- If you think so, provide an example either from your own marriage or one you've witnessed.
Is marriage primarily for our benefit? Or for God's glory? Explain your answer.
This week, have married small group members go home and discuss how to put this into practice in their relationship. Answer the question "What is our life together about?" alongside the questions "What do we want our life together to be about?" Make goals.
Next week, have each couple share one step they're making toward a more God-serving posture in their marriage.
For those who aren't married (and want to be one day), answer the following question and bring your response next week:
- How does the goal of an actively God-serving marriage affect who and how I date?
Singles who intend to stay single get a free homework pass. :)