#1 Listen to “Requiem Required (Part 3): Hope Fully.
Consider this Sunday morning’s lesson. You can listen here: http://bit.ly/1gCDfNL
Or watch here [video will be posted by Monday each week]: www.vimeo.com/rrcoc
What stuck out to you as interesting?
Did you encounter any challenging or re-orienting truth?
How’d it make you feel?
#2 A Different Kind Of Sad
As we discussed on Sunday, the Apostle Paul wrote about not grieving "like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.”
- What is hope? What’s our hope in Christ?
- How does hope shape the way we grieve? Why would people with hope grieve differently than people without it?
Paul writes in 2 Cor 4:18, “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”
- How do we go about “fixing our eyes” on what is “unseen”? Practically speaking, how do we do this?
- When we face grief, what does it look like to fix our eyes on the unseen, “not on what is seen”?
Read Revelation 21:1-7, 22-25
- What will “the new Jerusalem” be like?
- Which part of the description is most appealing to you? Why?
Read II Corinthians 5:1-10
- What happens when “our earthly home” (our body) is “destroyed” (dies)?
- In verse 8 Paul says about himself and his fellow ministers, “We would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.”
- Do you feel that way? What might be holding us back?
#4 Planning Your Funeral
Have you ever been to a "good" funeral? A funeral that actually felt kinda happy? Share with the group. What was it like?
What do you hope your funeral is like? What should/could you do to make sure it turns out that way?
#5 Watch THIS
“Evermore” is an excellent description of the way God conquers death. Watch it with your group and discuss.
- Was anything surprising or challenging or helpful?
- What stuck out?