This is gonna be fun.
So, summer’s here. And this summer we suggest you and your group do something fun. Really fun. “What?” you ask? Well, that’s up to you. We’re just saying make it fun. ;)
The purpose of small groups at Round Rock is this: “to provide a predictable environment where participants experience authentic, intimate community that leads to spiritual growth.” During the year we spend a lot of time and effort encouraging intimacy and spiritual growth through discussion and prayer. In the summer, we encourage you to pursue connection with your group by doing things together. What kinds of things? Consider this list as a starting point…
FUN THINGS TO DO TOGETHER THIS SUMMER:
- Sing karaoke.
- Play putt putt golf.
- Take a hike.
- Go out to eat.
- Go geocaching.
- Make a bonfire.
- Go camping.
- Go bird-watching.
- Throw a pool party.
- Have a game night.
- Have an old-timey singing night and sing all the songs you sang at church as a kid.
- Take a day trip to Fredericksburg or Hamilton Pool or Waco or San Antonio.
- Have each group member write down his or her favorite hobby/pastime. Then, as a group, try it out together.
- Host a cookout and invite another group to come.
FUN AND KIND THINGS TO DO TOGETHER THIS SUMMER:
- Throw a surprise party for someone who’s feeling down.
- Work in a neighbor’s yard.
- Take a trip to a nursing home. Sing some hymns.
- Visit one of Round Rock’s widows or shut-ins. Bring cards or balloons.
- Volunteer at the Round Rock Serving Center.
- Volunteer with STARRY during a foster parent training event.
- Make care packages for one of our missionaries.
- Assemble bags of crackers, socks, etc. to hand out to the homeless
- Adopt another group’s kids for a night, giving them a child-free evening
- Identify a cause that matters to your group. Figure out a way to pitch in.
- Spend the summer praying through the church directory together.
FUN AND EDUCATIONAL THINGS TO DO TOGETHER THIS SUMMER:
Read a book together and talk about it.
Watch a video series together and talk about it (We have several available at the building if you’re looking. Just email email@example.com for possibilities.).
Read a book of the Bible together and talk about it.
Whatever your group decides to do, we hope you’ll do something. Make plans ahead of time and meet even when the group will be small. Only four people strong this week? No problem. Four people can have lots of fun together!
Have a great summer, groups!